- over 10,000 Westenders have participated in this event.
- we’re very proud to report that the event has been without incident for the duration.
- we’ve never had to make a claim against our full insurance cover.
- it has always been fully permitted and lawful under full insurance coverage.
- professional organised, always included qualified medical personnel and responsible volunteers.
- children that participated in our first Derby are now adults themselves and some have children of their own that they bring to the celebration.
- we’ve been featured in the Weekend Australian magazine, covered by each TV news channel and all local newspapers.
- Wheeled glory including wheelchairs, bicycles, skates, skateboards, wheelchairs, carts, or wheeled creations
- Brisbane Hardcourt Bikepolo
- Brisbane Skateboarders Assoc
- More event demonstrations to be confirmed and announced closer to the day
For those new to the neighbourhood, the afternoon consists of two parts:
a) The parade will assemble under the Dornoch Terrace bridge on Boundary Street from 1pm, departing at 1:30pm.
b) The festivities are booked for 2pm-5pm down in the road closed section of Boundary Street between Vulture and Russell Streets. Vehicles will not be allowed in that road closed section between 1:30-5:30pm. Shops, restaurants and cafe will be open.
WECA events are queer, family, pet and children-friendly. Everyone is welcome to join with us in celebrating the values of 4101 in an atmosphere that is fun, safe and magical.