The most-read stories on the Labor Herald this week were:
- Australia’s dirty secret: the way we treat New Zealanders
- Labor demands Dyson Heydon resigns
- Tony Burke’s 5&5: best and worst of the parliamentary week
- Pollies get their hands dirty in support of cleaners
- Don’t tear down, nation build!
Video of the week goes to this Gough Whitlam tribute.
Our favourite long reads of the last week were:
- Paul Keating got out his pen to write about John Howard
- Without a second language, our kids are second class citizens
- Everything you wanted to understand about climate change policy (minus the mumbo jumbo)
Our best Labor insider stories were:
- Don’t call Penny Wong hysterical, Mr Brandis
- 5 things we learned about Julia Gillard
- Canning by-election date set
- Bill Shorten just detailed his climate policies in this speech
- Do we need a Labor group for civil liberties?
Thanks again for reading the Labor Herald. If you have any likeminded friends or family that you think would enjoy this email, please forward this to them and ask them to SIGN UP for updates.
Alex and Ross